Friday 4 July 2008

Dry Level Gloves



For the last few days I've been taking two sets of gloves on every trip.

This isn't because I have four hands, but because of the quickly-changing weather!

Like many riders, I have a good selection of gloves, but tend to favour just a couple of pairs.

In particular, I have a pair of Held unlined leather gloves, which are still going although a bit dirty on the white bits of leather.

My other regular pair are warm & dry winter gloves. Until recently I used a pair of BMW winter-spec gloves, but they've eventually, and literally, worn out - the leather in the fingertips is starting to wear through!

Looking around for a replacement set, I found the Halvarssons range to have a good alternative.

They're the 'Dry Level' gauntlet. They're not covered in particularly gaudy patches, or flaunting heavy-duty plastic armoured areas. They are, however, black (with a few 'silver' panels). I like black bike gear :) It doesn't show the day-to-day grime - particularly applicable for foul-weather gloves.

Unusually, the Dry Level gloves have 'Outlast' liners instead of the usual Thinsulate, or similar. Outlast is an offshoot from the space race, and absorbs bodyheat which it then returns as your hands cool down.

So far they're warm and waterproof, and comfortable.

Can't ask for much more than that, except a good price - which they are, at £40.

Mine were bought from Abbey Motorcycle Instructors, near Abingdon in Oxfordshire, who also have an on-line shop.

Abbey Motorcycle Instructors

No comments: