Wednesday 10 September 2008

US Training - Ride Like A Pro



Althoug hthis site is primarily concerned with UK-based rider training, I have a great interest in what's happening in the USA, partly because of my MSF experience (I was a qualified instructor for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation from 1994-1997), but also because they do stuff differently to us over 'here'.

Not ncessarily different 'stuff', but different 'ways'.

One example is Jerry "Motorman" Palladino, a US 'motor' officer and trainer.

He's produced a series of training DVDs and runs training courses, particularly aimed at the riders of larger bikes. I've seen a couple of his DVDs, and they're good.

Site

Example videos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd be interested in a post from you comparing the different preoccupations between the motorman / ride like a pro dvds and the british approach. Both police riding, but the american one appears to be slow / tight maneuvers rather than the bend assessment and high speed over here. I've got Ride like a pro 4 and 5, 5 is excellent, 4 similar with more humor (sic) which I am sad and find funny.